1. Discuss the safe use of medications. All medications should be stored in
4. Review the proper procedure for getting up out of chairs and beds using
sturdy hand supports: railing, walkers.
5. Discuss the extra precaution necessary when rising after taking certain
6. Discuss the steps to take when feeling lightheaded.
7. Discuss the importance of using non-slip rugs, illuminating steps, and
a safe place, in their original containers.
8. Review and evaluate household risk regarding showers, bathtubs, etc.
9. Evaluate support systems available for assistance and emergencies,
including household members, etc.
2. Review the safe use of electricity and gas.
3. Identify which community resources promote safety and accident prevention.
Provide information regarding key contacts for accidents/emergencies, e.g. 911,
Poison Control, hospital ER.