Several different scenarios may arise when setting the Patient Care Status and
wards that have no corresponding Nursing location. The Patient Care Status
field should be set to "I" (Inactive) and the Ward Status field should be
set to "A" (to indicate ACTIVE).
3. A non-clinical Nursing location converted to performing patient care, OR a
newly created patient care location: Run the Ward Activation
(NURSPT-WRDACT) Option to change the Patient Care Flag to "A" (Active).
4. A Nursing location converted from patient care to administrative/other
function: Run the Ward Deactivation (NURSPT-WRDINA) Option, which will
the Ward Status fields. Below are some examples on how both fields should be
change the Patient Care Flag to "I" (Inactive).
5. A Nursing location terminates all Nursing functions:
a. The Ward Deactivation (NURSPT-WRDINA) Option should be run for this
location. This will set the Patient Care Flag to "I" (Inactive).
b. Any corresponding MAS wards for this Nursing location should be moved
to new/existing Nursing locations which have a Ward Status of Active.
c. Set the Ward Status to "I" (Inactive) for the Nursing location that
has terminated its Nursing function.
6. A Nursing location which has a Ward Status of Inactive in the Nurs
Location File, now performs some Nursing function: Enter an "A" in the
Ward Status field and set the Patient Care Statis field to "I" (Inactive).
1. Creating a new Nursing location: The Ward Status field should be set to
an "A" to indicate active, and the Patient Care Status field should
be set to "I" (Inactive).
2. The MASONLY Nursing location: This location is used to associate all MAS