You may currently be using some form of spooling on your computer system.
and will need to learn a slightly different system for spooling.
- Disable any operating system-specific routines, such as ZISPLDSM.
- Disable any spooling options that invoked those routines.
- For DSM, use SPL in the Manager Account to clear out any remaining
documents by deallocating and then reallocating the spool space.
- Use the Spool Management Menu to set system defaults (site parameters)
Most operating systems provide a mechanism for spooling and you may have
and assign spooling privileges to users.
established a method for your users. The Kernel Spooler has been designed
so that concurrent use with a pre-existing mechanism will not pose a
particular problem, but it wouldn't have any benefit either. So, if you
like the Kernel Spooler, you would eventually need to do a few things:
- Identify users who have spooling privileges (that is, have menu options
for spooling). They will suffer some inconvenience during the transition