|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
At Open M sites a Merge of a global into itself causes an error. A check has
Reference NOIS: PRE-0797-60641
Reporting Sites: Prescott, AZ
Testing Sites: Prescott, AZ
The second line of the routine now looks like:
<tab> ;;5.2;LAB SERVICE;**[patch list]**; Sep 27, 1994
been added to make sure the global values are different before doing the merge.
Routine Name Before Patch After Patch Patch List
------------ ------------ ----------- -----------
LROR6A 15782769 16122062 24,100,128,186
1. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package in this message onto your
2. Review your mapped set. If the routines are mapped, they should
be removed from the mapped set at this time.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport
On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
4. Users may remain on the system, but installation should be done
at off peak hours.
5. No options need to be placed out of service.
6. Installation time is less than 2 minutes during off peak hours
and less than 5 minutes during peak hours.
7. Installation of this patch requires no additional memory space.
8. From the 'Installation Menu' of the KIDS menu, run the option
'Install Package(s)' Select the package 'LR*5.2*186' and proceed
with the install.
This patch should also be installed at non-Open M sites, even though they are
9. If any routines were unmapped as part of step 2, they should be
returned to the mapped set once the installation has run to
not getting the error.
This patch to the Laboratory package does not contain any changes to the
VISTA BLOOD BANK Software as defined by VHA DIRECTIVE 97-033 titled VISTA
BLOOD BANK SOFTWARE VERSION 5.2.