|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch changes the way KIDS secures a Packman Message. The prompt:
This patch should be installed during off-peak hours. Users can be on the
system, but no user should be using KIDS during the install of this patch.
1. These routines are usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for the effected routines.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
'Enter the scramble hint:'
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
5. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
has been removed. A new prompt:
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
6. AXP Sites, after patch has installed, rebuild your map set.
The second line of the routine now looks like:
;;8.0;KERNEL;**[patch list]**;Jul 10, 1995
Name Checksum Patch List
'Do you wish to secure this message? No//'
XPDTP 2358145 21,40
;;7.1;MailMan;**33**;Jun 02, 1994
XMASEC 4454626 33
XMD 4879878 33
will be asked after you enter the text for a message. This correct the
problem that was identified by Nois CLE-0696-40353.
This patch is the same as MailMan patch XM*7.1*33. Both patches contain
the same MailMan and Kernel routines.