|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch fixes the following problems:
2. The DBS calls FILE^DID and $$GET1^DID return an incorrect value for a
file's READ ACCESS.
The following routines are included in this patch. The second line of
these routines now look like:
<tab>;;21.0;VA FileMan;**[patch list]**;Dec 28, 1994
Routine Name Before Patch After Patch Patch List
============ ============ =========== ==========
DIQGDDT 7439422 7439520 25
DITR 5710355 5514796 6,25
1. When merging data using KIDS, there is a case where existing data at
1. Routine mapping is NOT recommended for these routines. If you are
using routine mapping, ensure that these routines are NOT in your mapped
routine set before proceeding.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system. The environment check
routine DIENV will run automatically.
DIENV is sent in order to prevent the inadvertent queueing of the
the target site gets overwritten by incoming data. When a file being
installation of this patch.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
exported contains pointers, and the pointed-to-file is being exported
Backup a Transport Global
5. Inhibit users from login into the system. Any user who is logged
in and using an application which uses the DBS calls $$GET1^DID and
FILE^DID run the risk of getting <CLOBBER> errors. Any user using
FileMan's 'Transfer File Entries' option run the risk of getting an error
in the midst of a transfer. A database record may be left in a corrupted
state. Any init that may be running or any KIDS installation that brings
in data may leave the records in a corrupted state.
as well, MERGING and RESOLVING POINTERS will cause the existing pointer
6. AXP Sites - Place Taskman in a WAIT State.
MSM Sites - STOP Taskman.
7. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the
Select Installation Option: Install Package(s)
Select INSTALL NAME: DI*21.0*25
Answer 'NO' to 'Want to DISABLE Scheduled Options, Menu
values on the first file to get overwritten by the incoming data. This
Options, and Protocols?
8. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
Then enter the names of your other Compute and Print server(s).
NOTE: You will then see the following message:
TASKMAN is not running. You must run the routine XPDCPU in the
production UCI for each of the VOLUME SETS you have listed once the
patch fixes this problem by not overwriting existing data.
9. MSM Sites - After the installation begins, you will be prompted
to enter a DEVICE. After the device has been entered, KIDS will pause.
At this time, you need to go to each of the CPUs that were entered in step
8, and start a job that will allow them to receive the patched routines.
On each one, you do the following:
a) >D ^XUP This will set up the programming environment.
b) >D ^XPDCPU This starts the job that receives the patched
c) Select INSTALL NAME: DI*21.0*25
The installation will then continue.
10. AXP Sites - After the patch has been installed, rebuild your map
11. AXP Sites - Remove Taskman from WAIT State.
MSM Sites - Restart Taskman.