|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
FORUM # 18670217 This message asked for the return of the routine
The CS ALPHA team asked for a change to the XTLATSET routine to change the
setup of the LAT device from /noqueue to /queue.
Under the new error trapping in DSM the VMS EDT editor call was getting
errors if the input file was null and there was no text added. This
has been fixed in XTEDTVXD
routine new checksum
checksum. It turned out that this was a local mod, but one that was
1. These routines are usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for the effected routines.
usefull to all. This change has been incorporated in this patch to the
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
%ZTPP routine. The checksum value was found to have a weakness in that it
5. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
6. After installing this patch, you need to move the following
routine from your productions account to the manager account:
ZTPP and rename to %ZTPP
Example: ZL ZTPP ZS %ZTPP
7. On MSM move the routines to the other servers.
AXP Sites, after patch has installed, rebuild your map set.
wouldn't catch if the order of lines changed. KIDS uses a new version
that will catch this kind of change. Because of this the patch will
calculate both the old and new checksum values and displays them in the
following way RSUM 7921662/11772536 so that both values are printed at the
top of the first page. It is not a crytographic hash.