|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch fixes 2 problems:
are KNX-0396-41289 and WCO-0195-50090. (DIDT)
12. AXP Sites - Remove Taskman from WAIT State.
MSM Sites - Restart Taskman.
13. Enable users' login.
The following routines are included in this patch. The second line of
these routines now look like:
<tab>;;21.0;VA FileMan;**[patch list]**;Dec 28, 1994
Routine Name Before Patch After Patch Patch List
============ ============ =========== ==========
DIDT 6670456 6692350 18
DIDTC 7237147 7334026 18
1. This patch fixes a very specific problem with converting time at
1. The routines %DT and %DTC are usually mapped on systems that allow
mapping. AXP sites will need to disable mapping for these routines.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system. The environment check
routine DIENV will run automatically.
DIENV is sent in order to prevent the inadvertent queueing of the
installation of this patch.
midnight. The related NOIS is BTM-1095-13315. (DIDTC)
3. The patch has now been loaded into a transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
5. Inhibit users' login into the system. If users are on the
system, you run the risk of getting incorrect 'date with time'
values and/or CLOBBER errors. Due to the high usage of these routines in
all of DHCP code, it is highly recommended that users get off the system
when installing this patch.
6. AXP Sites - Place Taskman in a WAIT State.
MSM Sites - STOP Taskman.
7. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
2. Before this patch, %DT was accepting input that consisted of 8 or more
Select Installation Option: Install Package(s)
Select INSTALL NAME: DI*21.0*18
Answer 'NO' to 'Want to DISABLE Scheduled Options, Menu
Options, and Protocols?
8. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
numerics as long as the first 7 digits formed a valid date in FM internal
Then enter the names of your other Compute and Print server(s).
NOTE: You will then see the following message:
TASKMAN is not running. You must run the routine XPDCPU in the
production UCI for each of the VOLUME SETS you have listed once the
9. MSM Sites - After the installation begins, you will be prompted to
enter a DEVICE. After the device has been entered, KIDS will pause. At
this time, you need to go to each of the CPUs that were entered in step 8,
and start a job that will allow them to receive the patched routines. On
format and %DT contained a "T". For example, %DT interpreted 604011422 as
each one, you do the following:
a) >D ^XUP This will set up the programming environment.
b) >D ^XPDCPU This starts the job that receives the patched routines.
c) Select INSTALL NAME: DI*21.0*18
The installation will then continue.
10. After installing this patch, you need to move these routines
Jan 14, 2304. This patch makes %DT reject such input. The related NOIS's
from your production account to the manager account:
and in the manager account rename
DIDT to %DT
DIDTC to %DTC
Example: ZL DIDT ZS %DT
ZL DIDTC ZS %DTC
11. AXP Sites - After the patch has been installed, rebuild your map