|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch contains 7 routines, 1 option, and 1 input template. It
2. Routines XQSMD1 and XQOO: Confusion resulted when a user encountered
an option that contained a hyphen in the option name. The software could
not easily distinguish between this type of option and two different
options presented with a hyphen between them as a range of options to
select. The software now looks first to see if a single option meets the
selection criterion, and if so it ignores the possibility of a range of
3. The option XUEDITOPT and the input template [XUEDITOPT]: A piece of
code was added to the template in Kernel 8 to start micro surgery to
replaces XU*8*4 which has been canceled. It fixes 3 problems in the Menu
rebuild the compiled menus after an option was created or changed. This
resulted in errors because the code called FileMan from within a template.
The call was therefore moved to the Exit Action of the option to avoid
that conflict. [NOIS ERI-1095-21763, FTM-1095-43520]
1. Many of these routines may be mapped on systems that allow
mapping, so you may need to disable mapping.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
3. Answer NO to the question:
'Shall I preserve what is on disk in a separate back-up message ?'
4. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport global.
5. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the option
'Verify Checksum in Transport Global' and verify that all routines
have the correct checksums.
6. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the option
'Install Package(s)'. Select the package 'XU*8.0*29' and proceed
with the install.
7. Rebuild your mapped set if necessary.
ROUTINE CHECKSUM PATCHES IN 2ND LINE
XQ72 10277570 **47**
XQ75 14473337 **47**
XQ83R 15234319 **47**
XQCHK 7318302 **47**
1. Routines XQ72, XQ75, XQ83R, XQCHK, and XQT: If a parent option on the
XQOO 20509324 **10,21,47**
XQSMD1 14983624 **47**
XQT 14370309 **20,47**
top of a menu tree was placed out-of-order or locked a user might be able
to jump through it because of the way the compiled menus in ^XUTL were
being built. [NOIS WBP-0895-22132]