|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
MSM is aware of the problem (MSM call #30546) and there is no indication
as of yet when the problem will be fixed.
- This patch also increases the maximum number of TOTAL MUMPS COMMANDS
that can be stored. The current maximum value is 99999999, the new value
is 9999999999. The problem was if a "run away" job was running during the
RTHIST run the TOTAL MUMPS COMMANDS would exceed the maximum value and all
of the RAW STATISTICS would fail to be filed.
- This patch also replaces the OS checks in %ZOSV2 with standard Kernel
* Only MSM Sites need to install this Patch *
- Fixes problem in NOIS LAS-0796-60351
Thanks to the following Test Sites:
Grand Island, Ne
Las Vegas, Nv
Boston Developement Center
Routine List (CHECK^XTSUMBLD values):
Name Before After Patch List
XUCS1E 5744464 5869170 15
XUCS2E 5731962 5888536 14,15
XUCS8E 2709944 2718707 15
- NT/UNIX support
XUCSCDE 3642152 4091741 15
XUCSCDG 6508203 6570082 6,13,15
XUCSPRG 4520058 4828057 15
XUCSTM 6488785 6674638 3,15
XUCSTME 13388433 13548298 14,15
XUCSUTL3 11524190 11581338 6,12,14,15
**Installation Notes: This patch can be Queued to run at anytime
*except* when options:
[XUCSTASK AM RTHIST] 'AM MSM RTHIST Task Option'
[XUCSTASK FILE UPDATE AUTO] 'Tasked CM File Update'
[XUCSTASK PM RTHIST] 'PM MSM RTHIST Task Option'
[XUCSTASK PURGE CM DATA] 'Auto Purge of CM Data'
are scheduled to run or would be running.
1. The installation of this patch takes less than 2 minutes.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
The problem was a <DIVER> error in routine XUCSCDE. In investigating the
5. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
problem it was discovered that MSM's RTHIST does not sample the system
for CPU and DISK usage and number of jobs running at the sample time.