|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch fixes 4 problems:
2. When the DIFROM Server installs Data Dictionaries, it's possible that
11. AXP Sites - Remove Taskman from WAIT State.
MSM Sites - Restart Taskman.
12. Enable user's login.
the 'I' specifier on the file's data global 0 node could be deleted. This
prevents 'Identifiers' from getting displayed. This was reported on NOIS
3. When a word processing window can't be resolved by FileMan during any
FM output, a hard error occurs. This patch fixes this problem. This was
reported on NOIS SFC-0395-60476. (DIWW)
4. When FileMan tries to resolve a word processing window with multiple
arguments via a call to ^DIWP, a hard error occurs. (DICOMP)
The following routines are included in this patch. The second line of
these routines now look like:
<tab>;;21.0;VA FileMan;**[patch list]**;Dec 28, 1994
1. In a KIDS build entry, one can send data with a file. The field 'Data
Routine Name Before Patch After Patch Patch List
============ ============ =========== ==========
DICOMP 5808899 5821767 15
DIFROMSS 3496020 3490849 15
DIFROMSU 5182472 5222720 10,15
DIWW 5725412 5618941 15
List' may contain the name of a Search or Inquire Template. If several
1. The routine DIWW is usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for this routine.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system. Say 'No' to 'Want to
RUN the Environment Check routine?.
The Environment Check routine, DIENV, is sent in order to prevent the
inadvertent queueing of the installation of this patch.
files in a BUILD entry use the same template name the DIFROM Server
3. The patch has now been loaded into a transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
correctly processes only the first file's template. The subsequent
5. Inhibit users from login into the system. If users stay on the
system while installing this patch, a hard error may occur while word
processing fields are printed.
6. AXP Sites - Place Taskman in a WAIT State.
MSM Sites - STOP Taskman.
7. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
files' templates are processed incorrectly and it could abort the building
INSTALL NAME: DI*21.0*15
Answer 'NO' to 'Want to DISABLE Scheduled Options, Menu
Options, and Protocols?
8. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
Then enter the names of your other Compute and Print server(s).
of a transport global. (DIFROMSU)
NOTE: You will then see the following message:
TASKMAN is not running. You must run the routine XPDCPU in the
production UCI for each of the VOLUME SETS you have listed once the
9. MSM Sites - After the installation begins, you will be prompted to
enter a DEVICE. After the device has been entered, KIDS will pause. At
this time, you need to go to each of the CPUs that were entered in step 8,
and start a job that will allow them to receive the patched routines. On
each one, you do the following:
a) >D ^XUP This will set up the programming environment.
b) >D ^XPDCPU This starts the job that receives the patched routines.
c) Select INSTALL NAME: DI*21.0*15
The installation will then continue.
10. AXP Sites - After the patch has been installed, rebuild your map