|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
**** INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ****
This patch can be installed with users on the system, but no other users
should be using KIDS while you install this patch.
Since this patch is an update to KIDS, no other patches should be installed
during the installation of this patch.
1. These routines are usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for the affected routines.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS Distribution onto your system.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the patch in the Transport
4. Users can remain on the system. This patch can be queued and installed
at any time. TaskMan can remain running.
5. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
2 Verify Checksums in Transport Global
3 Print Transport Global
4 Compare Transport Global to Current System
5 Backup a Transport Global
6 Install Package(s)
6. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
7. AXP Sites, after patch has installed, rebuild your map set.
This patch corrects two errors that was introduced in patch XU*8.0*58.
Checksums obtained using CHECK^XTSUMBLD
The second line of the routine now looks like:
;;8.0;KERNEL;**[patch list]**;Jul 10, 1995
Before After Patch
Routine Checksum Checksum List
ISA-0497-1-448 An undefined error occurred at DIR+19^XPDIQ if the installing
XPDIQ 7513883 7519323 21,28,58,61
XPDI1 6631631 6640407 58,61
package asks an question without having a default answer.
When moving routines to other CPUs and the install is not queued, the job on
the other CPU will show the message, "Can't Lock global, another XPDCPU must