|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch contains the following fixes and features:
**** INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ****
This patch can be installed with users on the system, but no other users
should be using KIDS while you install this patch.
Since this patch is an update to KIDS, no other patches should be installed
during the installation of this patch.
- MUS-0497-71493 A no label error when installing patch XU*8*58 on an
1. These routines are usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for the affected routines.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS Distribution onto your system.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the patch in the Transport
4. Users can remain on the system. This patch can be queued and installed
at any time. TaskMan can remain running.
Open M system.
5. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
2 Verify Checksums in Transport Global
3 Print Transport Global
4 Compare Transport Global to Current System
5 Backup a Transport Global
6 Install Package(s)
6. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
7. AXP Sites, after patch has installed, rebuild your map set.
- The National Package install module on FORUM can now track patches.
Checksums obtained using CHECK^XTSUMBLD
The second line of the routine now looks like:
;;8.0;KERNEL;**[patch list]**;Jul 10, 1995
Before After Patch
Routine Checksum Checksum List
KIDS will now be able to update the module for patches.
XPDET 5058369 5059212 15,39,41,44,51,58,66
XPDIL1 8511833 8519937 15,17,39,41,44,66
XPDIST 2343711 2400065 66
XPDT 19247892 19357441 2,10,28,41,44,51,58,66
- Corrects a problem with multi-builds. When a multi-build contains more
build names that can fit on one header line, a second header line is
create. The first build on the second line will begin with a colon, this
will prevent the build from being installed.