|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This Kernel patch contains the following features:
was queued and it got an error during install.
This patch should be installed during off-peak hours. Users can be on the
system, but no user should be using KIDS during the install of this patch.
1. These routines are usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for the effected routines.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
-KIDS will now save Patch names that contain Sequence numbers in the
5. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
6. AXP Sites, after patch has installed, rebuild your map set.
The second line of the routine now looks like:
;;8.0;KERNEL;**[patch list]**;Jul 10, 1995
Patch Application History field of the Package file.
Name Checksum Patch List
XPDIP 9952535 15,21,28,30
XPDIR 2689416 30
XPDV 9093649 30
-KIDS will now check for duplicate Version numbers and Patch names when
updating the Package file.
-KIDS will now clean up missing Files in the Build file. This is done when
using the 'Verify a Build' option.
-Fixes problem in NOIS ELP-0596-70080, couldn't restart install if install