|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
MailMan patch XM*7.1*38 is a patch for XM*7.1*27. It contains the following
a minimum. You should put the XMUSER Option out of order.
MSM Sites: The routine XMRTCP must be moved to your NT machine and then
reboot MSM on the NT machine. This will restart the TCP/IP poller.
1. These routines are usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for the affected routines.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport global.
4. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Backup a Transport Global
5. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
6. AXP Sites, after patch has installed, rebuild your map set.
The second line of the routine now looks like:
;;7.1;MailMan;**[patch list]**;Jun 02, 1994
Name Before After Patch List
Fixes 'undefined variable' problem with the variable XMB("ITERATIONS").
XMBPOST 9662243 9856673 4,13,23,24,27,38
This problem occurs when patch XM*7.1*27 is loaded after remote transmission
tasks have been queued, but before they have a chance to run.
This patch should be installed after hours, when user activity is at