|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch solves the problems described in NOIS REN-1096-61037.
For example, you may enter '-5;-30'. These two negative numbers are
separated by ';'. The negative number in the first piece represents the
retaining days for the 'successfully transmitted' messages, while the
negative number in the second piece represents the retaining days for
the 'Awaiting Acknowledgment' messages. The 'Awaiting Acknowledgment'
messages will not be purged if the second piece data is missing or is not
submitted. Please refer to the description in patch HL*1.6*10 for the
purge information except the messages with 'Awaiting Acknowledgment'
It adds extra ability to the OPTION 'Purge Message Text File
The following routines are included in this patch. The second line of
these routines now look like:
<tab>;;1.6;HEALTH LEVEL SEVEN;**10,13**;Oct 13, 1995
Routine Name Before Patch After Patch Patch List
============ ============ =========== ==========
HLUOPT1 8023727 9764899 10,13
Entries' for purging the 'Awaiting Acknowledgment' messages.
1. Users may remain on the system during the installation of this
2. Check and make sure that the 'HL PURGE TRANSMISSIONS' option is
not scheduled during the time of installation.
3. For mapped AXP sites, disable mapping for this patch routine.
4. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
5. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Select Installation Option: Install Package(s)
Select INSTALL NAME: HL*1.6*13
Answer 'NO' to 'Want to DISABLE Scheduled Options, Menu Options,
6. MSM Sites - Answer 'YES' to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
When it is manually invoked, you need to enter the cutoff date for
Then enter the names of your other Compute and Print server(s).
7. AXP Sites - After the patch has been installed, rebuild your map
8. Re-schedule 'HL PURGE TRANSMISSIONS' option if this option was
scheduled and has been stopped in step #2.
the purge of 'Awaiting Acknowledgment' messages.
When this option is scheduled, you may pass a string with two piece
data into the TASK PARAMETERS of the OPTION SCHEDULING file.