|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
This patch is used to fix the problems described in NOIS calls:
- catch the erroneous client message entry with illegal message type.
It will fix the problems for the incoming filer as follows:
-mock MSA segment error when a batch message is received.
-missing original outgoing message of the incoming message error.
-missing Event Type Protocol pointer error.
HUN-0297-21666, LEX-0297-41531, BAC-0297-40046, IND-0197-42390,
The following routines are included in this patch. The second line of
these routines now look like:
<tab>;;1.6;HEALTH LEVEL SEVEN;**Patch List**;Oct 13, 1995
Routine Name Before Patch After Patch Patch List
------------ ------------ ----------- ----------
JAC-0297-71674, MAR-0297-20929, etc. The filers erred out abnormally when
HLCSOUT 3686510 4104234 25
HLTF1 13439654 9700889 5,8,22,25
HLTF2 N/A 4516843 25
HLTP0 3059568 3059585 25
HLTP01 3988246 3987933 2,25
HLTPCK1A 10899550 9629334 2,25
unexpected data were encountered. This patch will catch these unexpected
1. Users may remain on the system during the installation of this
2. Shut down all the incoming and outgoing filers by using the
options: 'Stop all incoming filers' and 'Stop all outgoing filers'
3. For mapped AXP sites, disable mapping for these routines.
4. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
5. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu,
use the following options:
data to prevent these errors.
Print Transport Global
Compare Transport Global to Current System
Verify Checksums in Transport Global
Backup a Transport Global
6. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
Select Installation Option: Install Package(s)
Select INSTALL NAME: HL*1.6*25
Answer 'NO' to 'Want to DISABLE Scheduled Options, Menu Options,
7. MSM Sites - Answer 'YES' to the question 'Want to
MOVE routines to other CPUs?'.
Then enter the names of your other Compute and Print server(s).
8. AXP Sites - After the patch has been installed, rebuild your map
9. Restart the incoming and outgoing filers.
It will fix the problems for the outgoing filer as follows:
-catch the erroneous client message entry with incorrect Logical Link.
-catch the erroneous client message entry with parent message missing.