|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
Once installation of this patch is complete, should your site continue to
receive Second/Third Period of Service errors, patient data will have to
be re-Requested/Unsolicited. This is due to the Period of Service fields
having a value of null when transmitted. Routine has been properly
corrected to include a 'Yes' or 'No' value when transmission occurs.
Below is the routine included in this patch. The second line of this
1. When extracting the PDX*MAS data segment, all data pertaining to the
routine will look like:
<tab>;;1.5;PATIENT DATA EXCHANGE;**[patch list]**;NOV 17, 1993
ROUTINE NAME BEFORE PATCH AFTER PATCH PATCH LIST
============= ============= ============ ==========
VAQDBII1 2772903 2817374 13,24
patient's PERIOD OF SERVICE was not able to upload using the LD or LF
1. This patch can be loaded with users on the system. Installation
will take less than 5 minutes. Use the INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE
option on the PackMan menu. This option will load the KIDS package
onto your system.
2. Review your mapped set. If any of the routines listed in the
of the LOAD/EDIT. Routine VAQDBII1 has been modified to correct this
ROUTINE SUMMARY section are mapped, they should be removed from the
mapped set at this time.
3. From the Kernel Installation and Distribution System Menu,
Select the Installation menu.
4. From this menu, you may elect to use the following options
(when prompted for INSTALL NAME, enter VAQ*1.5*24):
problem. This was reported in NOIS CAN-0595-10112.
a. Backup a Transport Global - this option will create a backup
message of any routines exported with the patch. It will NOT
backup any other changes such as DDs or templates.
b. Compare Transport Global to Current System - this option will
allow you to view all changes that will be made when the patch is
installed. It compares all components of the patch (routines, DDs,
c. Verify Checksums in Transport Global - this option will allow
you to ensure the integrity of the routines that are in the
5. Use the Install Package(s) option and select the package
6. When prompted 'Want to DISABLE Scheduled Options, Menu Options,
and Protocols? YES//', respond YES. When prompted to select the
options you would like to place out of order, enter the following:
VAQ (MENU) MAIN Patient Data Exchange
7. MSM sites: Please ensure you answer YES when asked if you want
to move the routines to other systems and indicated the appropriate
8. If routines were unmapped as part of step 2, they should be
returned to the mapped set once the installation has run to