|DESCRIPTION OF ENHANCEMENTS
ANN-0397-41843 Sites were sometimes getting a '550 Domain file locked'
message after installing patch XM*7.1*34
This patch also contains code which lays the groundwork for the upcoming
domain name changes.
This patch should be installed during off-peak hours when network mail
activity is low. This patch can be installed with users on the system.
1. These routines are usually mapped on systems that allow mapping,
so you will need to disable mapping for the effected routines.
2. Use the 'INSTALL/CHECK MESSAGE' option on the PackMan menu. This
option will load the KIDS package onto your system.
3. The patch has now been loaded into a Transport global on your
system. You now need to use KIDS to install the Transport global.
4. Users can remain on the system. This patch can be queued and should be
installed during off-peak hours. TaskMan can remain running.
5. On the KIDS menu, under the 'Installation' menu, use the following
This MailMan patch is in response to the following:
2 Verify Checksums in Transport Global
3 Print Transport Global
4 Compare Transport Global to Current System
5 Backup a Transport Global
6 Install Package(s)
6. MSM Sites - Answer YES to the question 'Want to MOVE routines to
other CPUs?'. Enter the names of your Compute and Print server(s).
7. AXP Sites, after patch has installed, rebuild your map set.
Checksums were calculated with CHECK^XTSUMBLD
The second line of the routine now looks like:
;;7.1;MailMan;**[patch list]**;Jun 02, 1994
Name Checksum Checksum Patch List
XM0 5124637 3346676 4,42
IOW-0397-40004, MWV-0297-20667, BAY-0397-30178, FAV-0397-71157
XMP2A 9900587 10037244 24,42
XMR0B 9558225 9580242 4,6,13,34,42
KIDS messages were losing the Message Type field during transmission.
When the user installed the patch they would get an 'UNDEFINDED